Experienced Property Management Company
on Your Side
For those owners and investors that don’t have the time or knowledge to handle the lease-up process, don’t worry. We can do it all for you. We will coordinate the marketing of your property online, conduct all of the showings, screen the prospective tenants, negotiate and execute the lease agreement, and move in/out walk through service.
We understand what it takes to properly care for an investment property. We understand the local market as well as the various rules and regulations that property owners need to comply with. We serve as a friendly and professional intermediary between owners and tenants. Tenants know they can contact us for assistance whenever they have issues or concerns. Owners know they can rely on us to ensure that their investment is being looked after.
The Benefits of using J & A Realty Property Management Service
- No hassle management
- Online Tenant application, pay rent online and repair request
- Online Owner/Tenant Portal Access
- Industry leading marketing tools
- Emergency maintenance request handling
- Prompt Response to Tenant Requests
- Low vacancy rate
- Low time on market
- Industry specific local knowledge
What We Do As Your Property Manager:
Evaluate Property And Determine Accurate Rental Rate
- Perform detailed documentation of the interior and exterior including photos
- Offer recommendations on repairs and cosmetic improvements that maximize monthly rent while providing good ROI.
- Gather data on rental rates in the area and work with owners to determine the optimal rental rate. Rent research will vary, but should include looking at the recently rented comparable according to size and type.
- Discuss with owners the pros and cons of different policies such as accepting pets, allowing smoking etc.
Market The Property For Rent
- Assist Owner prepare home for rent
- Clean home and optimize interior appeal
- Manicure landscaping to increase curb appeal
- Create ads tailored to the property and advertising medium
- Work with other realtors and leasing agents to find a tenant
- Field calls from prospects for questions and viewings
- Meet prospective tenants for showings throughout the week and weekend.
- Provide prospective tenants with rental applications that are legally compliant with fair housing laws
- Collection applications with application fee
Tenant Screening And Selection
- Perform a background check to verify identity, income, credit history, rental history, etc.
- Grade tenant according to pre-defined tenant criteria
- Inform tenants who were turned down
Tenant Move In
- Draw up leasing agreement
- Confirm move in date with tenant
- Review lease guidelines with tenant regarding things like rental payment terms and required property maintenance
- Ensure all agreements have been properly executed
- Perform detailed move in inspection with tenant and have tenants sign a report verifying the condition of the property prior to move-in.
- Collect first month’s rent and security deposit
- Receiving rent
- Hunting down late payments
- Sending out pay or quit notices
- Enforcing late fees
- Advise in the event of a legal dispute or litigation
- Refer owner to a qualified attorney when necessary
- Understand and abide by the latest local, state and federal legislation that apply to renting and maintaining rental properties.
- Perform periodic inspections (Inside and outside) on a predefined schedule looking for repair needs, safety hazards, code violations, lease violations, etc.
- Send owner periodic reports on the condition of the property
- Provide accounting property management services
- Make payments on behalf of owner (Mortgage, Insurance, HOA dues, Property Tax etc.)
- Detailed documentation of expenses via invoices and receipts
- Maintain all historical records (paid invoices, leases, inspection reports, warranties, etc.)
- Provide annual reporting, and easy to read monthly cash-flow statements which offer a detailed breakdown of income and itemized expenses
Maintenance, Repairs, and Remodeling
- Establish a preventative maintenance policy to identify and deal with repair needs
- Provide an network of licensed, bonded and fully insured contractors who have been vetted for good pricing and good work that is up to code.
- Assign jobs to different parties (handyman and professional contractors) based on who will do the best job for the best price.
- Prepare preliminary cost estimates
Tenant Move Out
- Inspect unit and fill out a report on the property's condition when the client moves out
- Provide tenant with a copy as well as estimated damages
- Return the balance of the security deposit to the tenant
- Forward any portion of the owner’s portion of the tenant deposit to the owner or hold in owner reserves for repairs.
- Clean unit and perform and needed repairs or upgrades
- Re-key the locks
- Put the property back on the market for rent
Peace of Mind
- Never have to meet or screen tenants
- Property rent obtained, raised as needed
- Legally Trained Real Estate Representation
- Avoid Confrontations with Tenants
- Equity Preservation
- Maximize tax advantages
We manage your investment with care!
39767 Paseo Padre Pkwy Suite E, Fremont, CA 94538
CA DRE License